Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am going through a divorce . My husband and I have been separated for six months . He refuses to sign papers . We have a temporary order in place signed by the judje . He is suppose to be paying 1700 a month for child and spousal support . He thinks I am having relations with someone so he says he want pay it . He is only paying what he chooses . Is this legal

Asked on 10/29/15, 2:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sparticus Heyward The Law Office of Sparticus Heyward, PC

No it is not legal. If he is under Court Order to pay said amount and is willfully refusing to pay when he has the capacity to pay, he can be held in contempt of court and thrown in the county jail and till he pays the entire amount owed. He also me be required to pay your attorney's fees for having to drag him into court to make comply with the Court's Order.

Please give me a call to discuss how I may be of service.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/15, 2:54 pm

Sparitcus, as usual, is correct


770.985.6773 - answered 24 x 7

Read more
Answered on 10/29/15, 8:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia