Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Good Day, Counselor:

I have NOT been allowed CONTACT with my daughter, since April 21, 2009. She lives an hr, east of me, with her mother. We divorced in 8-01. She has Custody.

I found out last yr, my daughter RAN AWAY from Home. To this day, I DO NOT KNOW what happened, or WHERE my daughter is. I've tried to make CONTACT with the mother. She's REFUSED ALL EFFORTS on my part.

April 21, 2009 was the last time I SPOKE to my daughter, by phone. I called her school to wish her a Happy Birthday (her 15th). I last SAW my daughter on March 2, 2009.

Besides filing charges against the mother for blatant VIOLATION of the terms of my Visitation Rights, in the Divorce, can I file charges against her, under provisions of The Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act ?

My daughter turns 17, on the 21st of this month. I NEED and WANT to see my daughter. She is my ONLY child.

The mother is doing this because I haven't been able to pay any Child Support to her, for over 5 yrs now.

I'm recovering from being HOMELESS and JOBLESS, starting back in 2006 when I was ILLEGALLY FIRED from my last Truckdriving job.

Still a LONG way from being self-sufficient. I only work 20 hrs per week. I've had this part-time job since August of 2010. It WILL END in May. Before I got this job, I'd been UNEMPLOYED for over 2 yrs.

What R my Options ?


David E. French

Atlanta, GA

Asked on 4/04/11, 8:25 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You need to contact LawGuru immediately to remove your post, as you have publically posted your personal information. As an aside, your post is entirely inappropriate for an internet forum. You need your own lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 8:33 am

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Kidnapping? Of course not, since she ran away.

Contact law guru to remove your posts Scott said

And if you do seek visitation plan to hire counsel.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 8:57 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Also when you do go to court expect to be jailed for no

t paying support.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia