Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Good day, Can I enforce divorce issued in oversea in state? As I know for sure Divorce issued in over sea accepted by U.S

Do i need to file in state for the record? Do i need a lawyer to do this enforce divorce?

Asked on 7/07/20, 6:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Divorce decree needs to be domesticated in superior court of county of your residence (or former spouse's residence depending on what you have planned); you probably should get a good family attorney to do it to be safe

Read more
Answered on 7/07/20, 6:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia