Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

my ex says he can no longer pay children's health insurance that he is court-ordered to pay. Even though it's in our divorce order he pays it he now wants me to pay it. Is it wise to agree to take monthly amount of $250.00 to add them to my insurance and is a handwritten signed agreement binding in court?

Asked on 2/01/16, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You need to see your lawyer on this. Sometimes practical solutions are smart. But that handwritten agreement does NOT modify your court order and is thus unenforceable. An agreed modification filed with the court isn't all that expensive, and once approved can be enforced.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/16, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia