Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Out of state visitation

I live in Minneapolis, and my grandchildren (ages 4 & 5) were relocated to Atlanta, GA in September. I have gotten a visitation order from family court in Hennepin County. I need to know what the process is to be able to have the order enforced in Atlanta.

Thank You

Asked on 11/26/08, 2:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Re: Out of state visitation

If you have a grqand parenting time order in Minnesota, you must file acertified copy in the jurisdiction where you hope to have it enforced.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/08, 1:50 am
Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law

Re: Out of state visitation

You need to enroll the judgment in Georgia and enforce it there. No state will enforce a foreign judgment without it being enrolled locally and enforced locally. Additionally, you should consult with a Georgia attorney as enforcing grandparent visitation may not be too easy in Georgia.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/08, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia