Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Georgia

If a class action suit is denied class action status in one state, can an attorney in another state try to initiate a class action suit on the same company?

If yes, how would I go about finding the right law firm to combat a 5 billion dollar company?I have a international manaufacturing company that is already in contempt of a Federal Judge's stipulated orders that I want to bring a civil suit against, but I'd really like to see this company have a class action filed against them. I don't care so much about personal gain as much as that I see this company stopped.

Asked on 9/22/09, 11:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeff Kent Kent & Merritt, P.A.

There's not nearly enough information here to answer your question. Did you have an attorney try to get class certification or representing you in the earlier claim you could ask? If not, it may be worth it to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get an opinion in the situation from an attorney. Since I don't know what the claim entails, I can't really tell you what kind of attorney you need to be seeking.

Feel free to contact me with additional information, and I might be able to at least steer you to someone who can answer your questions if I cannot.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/09, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Georgia