Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

Can I sue my employer in small claims court? I sent a change in direct deposit form 2 1/2 weeks in advance from payday but the individual forgot to submit the form for processing. The direct deposit went to the wrong account which was negative and I didn’t receive any of the funds. They are saying they can’t reverse a deposit out of a negative account.

Asked on 11/14/18, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You don't provide details of the "wrong account." If it was your account and your fault it was negative, and the employer did in fact pay you in your own account, then you got paid. The employer is not responsible for your negative bank balances. Again, you left out these details. It also does not look good to your employer if you are trying to avoid a debt and using them to do it. Think about the long term.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/18, 6:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia