Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

If I sue my mortgage co for more than $75000 do I file in state or federal court GA

Asked on 8/09/17, 6:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


File in State Court (not Superior Court) where the mortgage company has a registered agent

Let them transfer case to federal court (which is much more expensive and has certain jurisdictional rules which you might be able to challenge in a motion to remand)

Suing your mortgage company is fraught with pitfalls for the unwary You need to hire an attorney who can assist you properly

Good luck

Ralph (Office# - (770) 985-6773 - answered 24 x 7 x 365 by a live person)

Read more
Answered on 8/10/17, 4:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia