Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Georgia

Bad Epidurals

I received an epidural during labor which the doctor said I had a ''bad reaction'' to. It has been six months and I still have spontaneous numbness in my arms, hands, feet, and legs. Legally, what can I do about this matter?

Asked on 4/23/01, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Bad Epidurals

Due to a change in GA law several years ago, you must obtain an affidavit of a doctor at least as qualified as the doctor who performed your delivery to the effect that there was malpractice. It does not have to use the words "medical malpractice" but it must at least state that your doctor's actions fell below acceptable medical standards. If you would like, please free to call me about this. This is unfortunate and should at least be looked into.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/01, 5:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Georgia