Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Georgia


I went to two doctors during my pregnancy and both did nothing for pain management. I was in pain during and after te birth of my son. I was told at my six week post follow up that the back pain would go away after the first year and it's still just as bad. I want to know if there is anything I can do legally? I feel my back pain is caused by labor and delivery, my back was fine before I got pregnant. I feel that I gave birth to a large baby and a c-section should have been an option but they never offered it. The clinic I went to sent me home when I was 4 dilated and I was in so much pain I could not walk. during the last month of my pregnancy I complained of pain over and over and the clinic did nothing. two weeks before I delivered they did an ultrasound and he weighed approx 8lbs 3oz two weeks before. He was face up which indicates it could be back labor and still they did not suggest a c-section.

Asked on 9/22/06, 11:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: ob/gyn

In order to even start a medical malpractice case, you must get an affidavit from another doctor that either of your first doctors committed an act of malpractice. For further information, consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/06, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Georgia