Legal Question in Military Law in Georgia

My son has discharged out of the military the military is holding him for court martial no one did the paper work to flag him, so he was discharged out we have the DD214 now they want to do paper work after the fact. My son is no longer in the Army. The military will not let him go.

Asked on 8/27/10, 4:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

You need to hire an attorney where you son is/was stationed who specializes in military law to sort this out. Best of luck.*******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 9/01/10, 4:38 am
William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

Hold onto that DD214. Do not let it out of your sight and make multiple copies in different locations. That will be the basis for your argument that there is no jurisdiction for a court-martial. They will undoubtedly argue that the discharge was a mistake and that they retain jurisdiction. You will need a good attorney to represent your son, either at the court-martial or in seeking his release.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions.


Read more
Answered on 9/01/10, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Georgia