Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Got hurt at work can I sue? And now tell me I can't work after the doctor said I could

Asked on 4/10/12, 7:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Creal George C. Creal, Jr., P.C., Trial Lawyers

You can't sue your employer in Georgia but you can file a workers compensation claim with the Georgia State Board of Workers Compensation. You are entitled to have your medical expenses paid and lost income if the doctor puts you out of work or limits your work and there is not light duty work available within your medical restrictions. You also may be entitled to compensation for the economic impact on your wages of your injury. You have just 30 days to notify your employer of an workplace injury and one year to file a claim.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/12, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia