Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

My son was arrested in April for playing with a 10 year old at basketball court bc he made mistake and fell on his leg which he had to get a cast.My son picked up child and took him home and explained to his mom what happened. Police came arrested him with no explanation to me why they were arresting him. They charged him with felony assault(for playing).DA dismissed charges bc two kids playing and an accident mother suing me for her Dr bill that may or may not be here. Can mother sue me for her Dr bill of it was an accident?

Asked on 7/03/18, 10:35 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Sure. As just about all adults know, if you break something or cause damage to someone's property you pay for it. If someone runs into your car by accident, do you just tell them no problem you will pay for the damages? If the "accident" on the basketball was your son's fault, you may very well be responsible for the medical bills. We don't have all the details - you will need to see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/18, 10:44 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Of course she can. People sue over accidents every day (think car wrecks). Your homeowners may defend this type case for you so I hope you reported it. Otherwise you need a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/18, 10:45 am

Depends on circumstances

make sure you file your answer and deny every allegation within 30 days of being served with lawsuit

Contact you home owners insurance, you may be covered

Also if defect in gym floor or too slippery you may be able to bring gym in and get them to pay, maybe

Hire a good attorney ASAP

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/03/18, 1:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia