Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

If a person was supposed to sign their name off a house through a quit claim deed due to a court ruling in a divorce and they did not and remortgaged said house a few years later, is the remortgage legal, is the court order to sign the quit claim void?

Asked on 10/16/12, 2:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

The refinance is valid, but the person would be in contempt of the previous court order.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/12, 2:07 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

The refinance is legal and you'd have to get a lawyer and sue the other person for contempt.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/12, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia