Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Type Your Question Here...My 90 yr. old father had a wreck in his truck and hit another vehicle. The police gave him a ticket. He refuses to pay the ticket, went to his insurance company with a diagram he drew of the accident, saying the other man was at fault. His insurance company took a picture of his drawing and said they would dispute the charges with the other man's insurance company. My Dad is now convinced that he is free and clear and I keep telling him that he needs to pay the ticket or appear in court before a judge because his insurance company cannot determine guilt or innocence, only the judge, who usually sides with the police report. Am I wrong? He is old and stubborn and tells me to stay out of his business.

Asked on 8/21/17, 5:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You are correct, if he does not appear, the Judge will issue a ("Failure to Appear") FTA bench warrant and he will eventually be arrested and spend some time in Jail

Best to hire a criminal defense counsel in your area to fight ticket. If he cannot afford an attorney, the Judge will appoint him a free attorney

Make him go to Court or he will spend some time in Jail

Good luck


Read more
Answered on 8/22/17, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia