Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

Louise Day's Will

My common law wife of 7-8 years left everything to me until my death. However, there were stipulations in her will stating that I CANNOT sell, transfer, or give the furniture away, and I cannot bring another person in the home. Do I need to transfer the title into my name? Since I WAS her common law husband how can I get around this will without causing unnecessary trouble? I may live another 10 or 20 years. I would like to give a niece some of the furniture to her as she has been very supportive and did leave a paper stating she could have some of the furniture. The will was written AFTER the statement.. I need help with this situation.. thanks a bunch..

Asked on 11/25/06, 3:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Louise Day's Will

You need to hire an attorney to look out for your interests and assist with probate and title issues. Call me Monday if you would like to discuss this.

The above information is offered as a courtesy and does not imply nor create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 11/25/06, 8:43 pm
Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Louise Day's Will

As you said, you need help. Beyond what can be answered here. Your best bet in finding a lawyer is to ask friends or family, or other lawyers you know, for a referral for a lawyer who specializes and has experience in this specific area of law. It will also be much easier if it is someone in your area. Not taking care of this now may cause real problems later.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/06, 4:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia