Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

getting mortgage on home in estate

Both my parents died in GA. No will. I have letters of administration for both parents. I am trying to sell the home (only asset) to myself to satisfy debts. Does this have to take place prior to being able to satisfy for final probate papers? The lender is stating that they will not finance to me if probate is not completed. My attorney is stating probate cannot complete until the home sells and funds can be disbursed to creditors and heirs.

Asked on 5/15/07, 6:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: getting mortgage on home in estate

Shop around for a new lender, one who understands the process.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/07, 10:03 am
Robert Thompson J. Robert Thompson Attorney

Re: getting mortgage on home in estate

Your lender is an ass. All that is needed is a court order approving the sale and its terms. If they still won't lend, find another lender.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/07, 8:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia