Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Illinois

I gave my home back to the bank. What are my options in getting it back after eight years? The bank has not made any attempts to sell or rent the house. It is just sitting there empty.

Asked on 11/06/16, 6:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

Inquire with the bank about making an offer. If they no longer hold title, investigate with the local recorder's office or an attorney in your area who handles closings and title work. You might also confirm whether taxes are being paid and by whom (information that is often available on the county treasurer's website).

Read more
Answered on 11/07/16, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Illinois