Legal Question in Construction Law in Illinois

I hired a company to do a job for me. The salesman is making the job bigger than it should be. Do I cancell the contract and try to make a new one.

Asked on 6/15/12, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you have a firm contract and the contractor is attempting to modify it unilaterally you may have the right to reject the attempted modifications, accept them without a change in the contract price, cancel the contract, and/or other possible outcomes including the possibility that you might have to accept a change. Depending on when the contract was entered into, you may have an absolute right to cancel. But without a review of all the terms and conditions it is impossible to say for sure, so you should have an attorney review the situation with you.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/12, 10:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Illinois