Legal Question in Construction Law in Illinois

I have a house with building violations and no money to fix it and no one will buy it. What should I do?

Asked on 6/27/13, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Not even for $1? The land has to be worth something. Even if you abandon it the government can assert liens for unpaid water and sewer taxes, and a whole range of things. So even bankruptcy won't help. Maybe a charity will take it off your hands as a donation.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Illinois