Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My daughte and grand baby,r who lived in California, just left her husband and is living with us here in Illinois. She wants a divorce. She just told us he is dealing drugs out of their home.. She doesn't want her and my grand baby around that anymore. What are her legal rights and ours as grand parents?

Asked on 2/16/16, 6:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

She needs to contact a local attorney as soon possible and file for divorce and custody of the minor child. She should also look into an Order of Protection if she is concerned about him to confront her.

As Grandparents you have no.rights other than to obtain an Order of Protection to keep son in law away from your home.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/16, 6:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois