Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am divorced and paying child support. I make every payment in full and on time. My ex now wants to garnish my wages instead. I am against this as I feel this makes me look like a deadbeat dad. So I have a few questions. Does a wage garnishment for child support require a court order? would I be notified so that I can dispute in court? finally, do I have the right to say no to wage garnishment since I am paying on time. That is, would a court see this favorably on my behalf since I have abided by the agreement in its entirety.

Asked on 10/15/10, 7:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ira Silverstein Ira Silverstein Attorney at Law

you wife does have the right to have your wages garnished through the State of Illinos You should receive notice if she does file a motion

Read more
Answered on 10/20/10, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois