Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

We are guardians of minors and the estate. The minors were named benificiaries of the life insurance proceeds. Can the guardians turn their money over to a trust to avoid them from getting a large sum of money when they are only 18 years old.?

Asked on 9/29/10, 2:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

Upon reaching 18, the children have the right to the funds. However, a skilled attorney may be able to convince them to allow the transfer of their funds to a Trust. I've handled 3 similar situations in the past 5 years, and I'd be happy to help. Feel free to give me a call.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/10, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois