Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Switching Titles?

My husband & I are in the process of uncontested divorce. Yesterday, he decided he doesn't want to be listed as the petitioner but as the respondent. The forms have been notarized & filed. How important is this & can anything be done to change the ''titles'' without delaying the case?

Asked on 4/21/09, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm

Re: Switching Titles?

It does not really make a difference given what you have said. Tell him to stop being obstinate. If he insists on changing it, you need to have your current case dismissed and a new case filed.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/09, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois