Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Illinois

My rental property is titled in my S-Corp name, I went to small claims and the judge said I must have an attorney handle it. Now I need to evict a tenant and wonder if I have to have an attorney do that too?

Asked on 9/12/17, 8:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

If you are not a lawyer, the only time you can represent any one in court is to represent yourself. Your business is a corporation. Only lawyers can represent individuals and corporations in court.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/17, 10:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Illinois