Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

I was in auto crash. My injuries are being treated. There is insurance. However, what about PAIN and SUFFERING under ILLINOIS LAW?

Asked on 11/13/17, 10:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

I am sorry you are facing this. You are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, among other things, but it is unlikely you will be treated fairly or even offered anything whatsoever without experienced representation. I recommend you assemble such records as you already have or can easily obtain (accident report, medical bills, medical charts), photographs of the scene from various angles at approximately the same time of day to best show the conditions, photographs of any visible injuries (if applicable). Refrain from giving statements or having substantial discussions with insurance company adjusters. Schedule a consultation. The longer you handle matters on your own, the more likely that something will be jeopardized. Also, be aware that there are limitations periods during which cases must be initiated for rights to be preserved.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/17, 10:15 am
Scott A. Blumenshine Blumenshine Law Group

You can recover damages for pain and suffering. And, also for any physical limitations known as disability due to your injuries.

Illinois law simply says those are recoverable damages. The law does not say how much or in what amount you can recover.

The amount you can recover depends on the type of injury you sustained, the severity of your injury, the type of treatment you received, and perhaps most importantly, any long term or permanent effects of your injury.

Scott Blumenshine

Blumenshine Law Group


Read more
Answered on 11/22/17, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois