Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

Is the mother of a 18 year old entitled to any money from when he or she was injured in a car accident

Asked on 2/02/18, 10:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

This is a matter that should be discussed with the attorney handling the case or, if the attorney feels there is a conflict of interest, then another well-recommended personal injury attorney. There are great attorneys the family can consult nearby. To the extent the mother has certain costs associated with the accident, she could have a claim (e.g., out-of-pocket on medical bills (co-pay, deductible), vehicle damage, ...), but claims beyond those direct expenses are limited and the facts would need to be explored. Certainly, the insurance company will take a hard line unless faced with an experienced attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/18, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois