Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

I'm am about to get a notice from my landlord's attorney to get evicted for non payment and I won't have the money due to a car accident and loss of income. I'm planning on moving anyhow and wanted to see what I can do to avoid an eviction on my record.

Asked on 10/01/18, 12:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

You certainly can discuss the situation with the landlord's attorney. Keep in mind that he or she is working only for the landlord though. You may be able to negotiate a date you will be out of the premises, saving everyone a lot of time, money, and energy. You might want to see if you can get some specific advice from a legal services organization in your area, such as Prairie State or Land of Lincoln Legal Services.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/18, 12:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois