Legal Question in Tax Law in Illinois

How can the irs send me a bill for taxes owed for child support I received for my chikd?

Asked on 12/12/21, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Virginia Prihoda Law Offices of Virginia Prihoda

Child support received is not taxable income. If any part of what you received represents interest due on past due child support, that interest is taxable. There may be other issues involved in your situation, IRS does not tax child support, so you need to carefully analyze how the IRS invoice is configured.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/21, 10:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Illinois