Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Illinois

Can a non-resident of Illinois , bring a pro-se law suit against an illinois resident in abstencia. I live in another state and am being treated for cancer.

cant make the trip to Illinois, nor can I afford it right now. Nor can I afford an attorney. has to do with breach of trust.

Asked on 7/08/13, 9:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

To get an effective response, you are going to need to go back and revise or repost your question with a brief narrative of the situation: what occurred, nature of the relationship between the parties, where things occurred, whether there is documentation or other evidence, ... I do not see how you would be able to effectively pursue a case without someone appearing on your behalf, but an understanding of the background may help attorneys advise you about jurisdiction/venue, other options, possible contingent fee arrangements with an attorney, etc.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 5:35 am

Steve Raminiak Law Offices of Steve Raminiak, P.C.

Someone must appear on your behalf. It can be you or an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 3:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Illinois