Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

In my society, there is a common drainage pipe that is leaking which is causing problem on one of the walls in my flat. After a follow up of 1.5 years (group emails, compliant book, personal contact with seceratry and chairman), the society is still not ready to repair the drainage pipe. What are my rights in this case and what should I do?

Asked on 8/05/12, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

IqbalAhmed Shaikh Moavin Legal Associates

The society owes duty to maintain the society premises. The common drainage pipe maintenance is under the management of the society. Try to negotiate and convince the management for repair of the pipe to keep healthy relationship. If the problem persist you have right to approach legal forums for nuisance and negligence of duty on the part of the management.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/12, 8:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India