Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

I just received notice that a creditor is going to have my bank account frozen. I have a joint account with my husband. The debt was mine before we were married. I have been laid off from my job and I only receive unemployment which is going to end next month. What can I do to stop this?

Asked on 1/26/12, 7:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Coleman Coleman Law Office

You can take your name off the bank account with your husband, you can answer the complaint in court and explain that you are currently laid off and try to reach a resolution, or if you have other debts in which create such a burden if feasible you can file for bankruptcy. Should you need assistance please call our office and if you need immediate assistance please ask for my paralegal.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/12, 9:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana