Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana


I have filed a chapter 7. I was asked by a man at the IRS why I didn't put my taxes on it? My lawyer told me they had to be at least 3 years old. mine is for 2007 2600.00 i'm on disability and couldn't at the time but I have them taken out now. can i put them on it? I just got discharged friday! my lawyer says i can pay 286.00 and he send it to the court i guess, but he said i'll lose plus lose the 286.00. I don't have that to lose but if i can do this and it be taken off it will help me so much!

Asked on 10/01/08, 8:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Brian Davis Davis Law Office

Re: bankruptcy

Your lawyer is correct. If you want to try to resolve the tax issue, try the IRS's "Offer and Compromise" program.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/08, 3:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana