Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana

If I have Credit Card debt and have too much equity in my home and want to file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and I live on Soc Sec. I can't afford to make payments to Chapter 13. What can I do?

Asked on 2/17/20, 12:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You should see an attorney specializing in debtor's rights. The creditors can't take your social security and they probably don't wan tot bother with your house if you owe money on it. So, maybe you can work out a deal for a settlement with the credit card people and take out a line of credit against your equity to pay for it.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/20, 5:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana