Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana

my ex-husband filed for chapter 13 but I have an outstanding order for him to pay $9,000.00 for back health insurance premiums for my now 20 year old son. it's was filed in the court in May through mediation ordered by the judge. this amount was accepted by the both us. he is supposed to pay $50 a month plus child support in arears. I'm not worried about the child support but im worried about 9,000. I don't want it going into the the bk and he hasn't paid a penny yet what do I do? do I file a garneshment my self and if so how? do I contact the bk trustees office? what do I do?

Asked on 11/09/18, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

Certain obligations are exempt from bankruptcy discharge. But the lump sum $9000 might not be. You would best be served by consulting with a debtor/creditor attorney to see if you have any rights at all.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/18, 5:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana