Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Indiana

My house

Can you save your house by filing if it is in focloser now

Asked on 11/22/06, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Brian Davis Davis Law Office

Re: My house

The short answer is that "it depends." If the house is in foreclosure (but the foreclosure is not yet completed), you may be able to file under Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code and pay the past due money back as part of the plan of reorganization. This assumes enough cash flow after regular expenses to make each month's regular payment plus pay an additional amount to "catch up" the amount you are behind.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/05/06, 6:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Indiana