Legal Question in Business Law in Indiana

old w-2s

My husband is missing three years from his social security record. His former employer will not respond to our inquiries - they are the only ones with the old w-2s. Do I have any recourse. We live in Indiana and my husband works in Illinois.

Asked on 7/18/07, 11:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: old w-2s

I suggest you contact Social Security Administration for assistance. Also, contact the IRS for copies of the income tax returns for those years. If your husband can show that he was employed AND that Social Security and Medicare were withheld by the employer or paid by himself as a self-employed worker, then he will be entitled to credit. If your husband happened to have been working "off the books" in some sort of bootleg employment scheme, then I doubt he will be entitled to credit. But see was the SSA says. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/07, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Indiana