Legal Question in Construction Law in Indiana

This question is reguarding damage done to my 8x10 utility building thats outside that I store my tools and motorcycle in

I live in a mobile home park. The main sewer line running to my home needed replaced. The landlord called a contractor out to dig up the yard and fix it. When that contractor used his excavator in the yard he attempted to pick up my utility shed without my permission and he damaged it and now the lock on the door is ruined and the doors will not open or close right and there is a hole in the side of it, he also managed somehow to tear up the roof. The sewer drain ended up being almost 2 feet away from the shed.

My question is can I have a carpender come out and repair my shed and then take the contractor to court and make him pay for the damages? He has already admitted to attempting to move the shed on his own.

Asked on 1/09/18, 1:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

The contractor should have liability insurance to pay for this. You must first give the contractor the right to repair. If he doesn't, you can proceed.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/18, 2:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Indiana