Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

credit card debts

I was an authorized user to 2 of my ex-husband's credit card.

We are no longer married, so am I obligated to pay for the debt?

How can I get it removed from my credit report?

Asked on 7/20/09, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: credit card debts

This should have been dealt with in your divorce. If a debt remains on the debt, then you remain obligated for the debt. That is simple contract law.

If the debt was paid and the card no longer in use, then you need to follow the procedure under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to deal with it.

Either way, get yourself to a lawyer. This is not such a simple problem to deal with.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/09, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana