Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

my drivers lic. was suspended by a lawyer after they sued me for a car accident. i have tried to pay the lawyer but they kept wanting more money. Is there any way i can get my drivers lic. back?

Asked on 1/03/10, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Your license was probably suspended because you failed to provide proof of insurance. Whether or not to suspend a drivers license is a government decision, not a private lawyer's decision. So, make an appointment at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, keep the appointment, and ask them what you must do to get your license back, then do what the BMV says you must do. If you are required to pay the entire judgment, then do that. It will help you remember to not drive without insurance. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/10, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana