Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

people owing me money

I am a landlord and want to know how to go about putting a debt ex-tenants owe me on their credit How do  I do this

Asked on 6/13/08, 2:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: people owing me money

If you have a judgment (which means you have to sue them) against the tenants, then that judgment will automatically be picked up by the credit reporting agencies. You can also sign up with a credit reporting agency as a creditor, but that may require more input in the way of information and money than you care to provide.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/08, 11:15 am
Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: people owing me money

You need to contact a credit bureau.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/08, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana