Legal Question in Criminal Law in Indiana

I am 18 and so are two of my friends. The three of us were drinking at my residence. one of my friends brought over a girl, who happened to be 14(SHe claimed to be older, and looked alot older). Anyways, she takes a couple shots and gets really drunk, and starts taking her clothes off and dancing and just being wild. At no point did me and one guy touch her. However I can't say the same for the other(He is currently under investigation for allegedly having sex with the girl). The most I did was witness her naked. I went to bed, and do not know what happened the rest of the night. Anyways, I have been called into questioning. My innocent friend went in and told them everything. I have been getting told to just go in and comply, but I am surely guilty of contributing to delinquency of a minor(by allowing her to drink in my residence).

My question is, should I seek protection by an attorney(The cops have stated they are purely interested in me as a witness and with the current information have no intent to prosecute me, but I don't trust them)? And if My alleged friend is convicted, could I be subject to further punishment for housing it? What should I do? I am also required to drive 3 hours away to go in for questioning, and they have stated it as urgent and when I tell them it conflicts with my busy schedule they show no remorse.

Asked on 9/26/11, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Hire counsel

Read more
Answered on 9/28/11, 5:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Indiana