Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

This is in my divorce decree, I am from Indiana. The husband shall pay the sum of $54,000 to wife , without interest, at the rate of $300 per month for 15 years or until wife remarries. He has not paid for 6 months. I have not remarried and most likely will not. What should I do to get the money?

Asked on 11/26/09, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Without seeing more, it seems to me that a garnishment might be possible. Not so sure about contempt.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/09, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana