Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

I’ve been divorced for almost 7 years due to the divorce the only thing my ex-husband took was his pick up truck and a credit card I ended up filing bankruptcy and I filed for that credit card in his pick up truck he still has the card and his truck and he has refused to refinance the truck to take my name off of it even though I legally filed bankruptcy toward it plus Been late on a couple of payments which is impacting my credit score I’ve been working very hard to reestablish my credit is there something I can do legally to get him to refinance his pick up truck and take my name off of it and have me removed from this credit card that my name is still associated with

Asked on 10/18/22, 5:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Your divorce decree had to require refinancing. I am not sure of the problem with the credit card, but you can contact the company to terminate any further responsibilities for it. I assume the truck is close to being paid off after 7 years? Take your decree to an attorney who can read it and see if it provide any protections for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/22, 11:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana