Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

If a family court lacks jurisdiction subject matter jurisdiction and court ordered to take a lumpsum settlement from a lawsuit of mine how can I obtain that money back? This court had no legal right to make any orders on anything.i filed to venue it back to original jurisdiction and all court orders was sent to the original jurisdiction this is wrong it should be void /null on all orders due to lack of jurisdiction

Asked on 4/19/23, 10:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

You're right, a court with no legal jurisdiction of any kind cannot take action. However, the real question is whether you are RIGHT in that belief, and the question of jurisdiction is one that many lawyers do not fully understand, much less laypeople. You really need to have that question assessed by an attorney before you try to take any action claiming lack of jurisdiction and judicial overreach. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/23, 1:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana