Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Is there such a thing as co-guardianship of a child between a parent and grandparent?

Asked on 11/25/09, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

Not as such. Theoretically an order could issue from a court faced with a guardianship petition which would "share power", but generally the parent has to be incompetent as a parent before a third party is needed at all, and if they are incompetent, why allow them to even be a co-guardian?

Read more
Answered on 11/30/09, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana