Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Indiana

can I counter sue my property manager for my electrics for the year that ive lived in this house because the day I sign my contract they were inform that the furniance and hot water heater did not work and they said they would get new ones and they never did, so ive had to use space heater all winter and I hooked up and camper water heater that does not hold very much water and ive messaged her over and over about but no reply back and I told her that the back porch and bath room ceilings were leaking and there was black mold growing at the leaks and they never came and fixed them, so I told her until it go fixed I wasn't paying her, now she is suing me for $1,500

Asked on 5/09/17, 5:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You can counterclaim for the MONETARY value of what you lost, IF ANYTHING. So, you have to calculate what expense you incurred.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/17, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Indiana