Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Indiana

Indianapolis,in. Live in boyfriend that did not pay rent, has changed mailing address 2 weeks ago and continues to say they will come get the last of their belongs but had not done so. How do i evict them. How long do i have to wait. I have a text from him asking to leave their car at the property for 2 weeks and it has been 3 weeks or more.

Asked on 1/20/17, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You're not "evicting" him because he's not a tenant. You just put his things in storage. Send him a letter by certified mail to his last known address and tell him that you'll dispose of the items if not claimed within 30 days. If you don't hear from him in 30 days, you may dispose of the items. As for the car, have it towed away.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/17, 5:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Indiana