Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

How do I collect?

I have received a judgement against an 18 year old for $2,000.00. He is not working. He receives Social Security from his dead father can I garnish that? Also he has a car. I am not sure who's name is on the title but if it is titled to both him and his parents can I go through the courts to place a lein on it to get my money that way? What other options do I have besides a body attachment? How does a body attachment work in as far as me getting paid the money I am entitled to? Also does my court judgement ever exprie if I can not collect right away? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Asked on 11/24/03, 2:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

Re: How do I collect?

I am not sure about the right to garnish social security. I do not believe you can do that. It would take a bit of work to get a lien on the car. A body attachment is not going to shake the money out of him. 10 years. Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/24/03, 4:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana