Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

diagnosed with narcolepsy 3 years after accident!

I was a passenger in a car accident in May 2000. A semi-truck driver hit us on the highway.I saw my doctor with c/o left neck and shoulder pain--name removed-- back pain. Shortly after the accident I had 3 buldged disk on my spine.A few weeks later I was experiencing numbness in my legs dizziness and i was also having a problem staying awake.After MRI's,and several tests I was told there was nothing that I can do to ease my pain. I was referred to a neurologist to see the reason for leg numbness,nothing was found.Next I started having difficulties staing awake and after having a sleep study done it was found to be narcolepsy and periodic linb movement in 2003,which are 2 health issues unknown of cause.I had no problems staing awake before the accident and I have to take medications for narc and restless leg disorder. Is there anything I can do legally to pursue these medical issues.My case is in the process of being settled and I don't know what else to do at this time.Also,I recently had another MRI which came back unremarkable.Also I was fired from my job in december 2001 for sleeping on the job,I had not yet been diagnosed--name removed-- narc is this something I should bring up in the deposition with the defendants.

Asked on 7/25/04, 11:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ralph Tambasco Tambasco & Associates,P.C. Attornenys at Law

Re: diagnosed with narcolepsy 3 years after accident!

I ceratinly would urge you to discuss this with your legal counsel as soon as possible. Each injury case revolves around the damages which can be supported by facts, medical findings and the like. As this is rather complex it would very difficult to give you a definite answer with out having the opportunity to review the case and your medical history. Given the age of the case, you may wish to address this fully with both your treating medical professional and attorney. If the conclusion is that it cannot be connected with the injury, that is proximate causation, then you will also have to take a realistic approach to resolution. Explore the options but be careful in your approach.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/04, 2:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana